Sunday, November 22, 2009

39 weeks & 3 days --

Its been a week- a Loooooong week and Yes Im still pregnant.
I saw the midwife for my last appointment (Dr Ellie was still in Africa) and I was dilated 3cm and 70% effaced. The baby is completely dropped/engaged and I was measuring 41 weeks when I was just 39. You'd think the baby would want to come out, its got to be so cramped in there! But I guess not.

I see Dr. ellie for my 40 week appointment on Wednesday. I wish I had a gut feeling of when this baby is going to come but honestly I have no idea. The twins were pretty cozy till they got evicted maybe this baby will be the same way? I made up my mind in early pregnancy that I wanted this baby to come whenever it wanted too - Im just hoping it wants to come soon. Dr. Ellie said she doubted I would go over, but as long as baby & I are both doing well she will let us go till 42 weeks which is December 10th.

The in-laws fly in this evening, and my SIL and her kids get her late tomorrow night. We're going to have a full house and lots of entertainers for Everett & Macey. Amen! They must know something is up as we've been having lots of NO days. They are into everything and doing everything they absolutely shouldn't be and its exhausting.
They've even boycotted naps for the last 2 days but are fast asleep as I type this now and try to keep my mind busy.

More to come!

3 comments:

  1. That is great that you are waiting for the baby to be 'ready'! You will likely go into labor the day you barely even think about how much you wish you would go into labor!
    Positive birth affimations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you go girl. I thought that surely you'd give birth early. Maybe you'll have a little gobbler on thanksgiving. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for :0) Wishing you the best!
    -Emily, from i-am-pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way the boys have been into everything lately and it is very stressful. I enjoyed this weekend b/c Dusty was home and they are better for him. Plus, he is a big help. Time out doesn't work for us. But, I keep being consistant with it anyway...who knows...

    ReplyDelete