Saturday, November 14, 2009

38 weeks and waiting

I'm 38 weeks now, 38weeks and 2 days to be exact and the waiting is killing me!

I've now been pregnant for 9 days longer than I ever have before. I'm constantly wondering :

1. what is this baby going to be, boy or girl?

2. how much will it weigh?

3. who will it look like?

4. when will I go into labor? how long will it last?

I realize things are probably much easier with the baby still safely tucked away in my tummy then it will be when it comes out BUT I'm super excited for Everett & Macey to meet their new baby brother or sister.

Of course people are calling & texting me everyday asking if I'm in labor yet. The answer is NOT YET :) But I will let you all know when the baby is here :) Don't worry, I'm going to need help!

Remember Im due "Thanksgiving day" so the baby still has some baking time if it wants it.

Had a doctors appointment with the midwife this past Wednesday as my OB is officially out of town. Not much has changed. The only indication I have that labor *might* be coming is I didn't gain any weight at the last appointment. I see her again this Thursday. Thursday/Friday are also supposed to be my last 2 days at work before I start my maternity leave.

I also found out the labor tub at the hospital is back in operation -- yay for me! oh and for those of you I may not have told my massage therapist is going to attend the birth :) She's thinking about becoming a doula so she is going to offer her services in exchange for seeing if its something she's truly interested in. Im psyched.

Here's the latest picture:


And a few others to show you how we are passing the time as we wait:


Blue Play-doh.
She played while I made dinner and daddy & Everett ran errands


Macey & Everett posing in their new "picture spot"

whenever I ask them to take a picture they run to the end of the counter
and stand side by side to pose



Kallyn & the kids reading

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at that belly! I hope you have a satifying labor and birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for commenting. I found your blog through another blog of a twin mother that posted on a forum I moderate. I try to stay a little unreachable, so no e-mail! I know I can't spell...satisfying has another S! Thanks, your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete